Fifth Health Sector Development Project 2013-2018
Blood Safety, Medical Waste Management, Infection Prevention and Control
Component 1 – Blood Safety, with the elements Equipment Maintenance, Blood Bank Quality Management, Voluntary Non Remunerated Blood Donation and Rational Use of Blood.
May 20 -27, 2017 7th and final mission on Blood Safety, Ulaanbaatar, MN.
Objectives of the mission
- Follow up meeting with consultants, NCTM staff on recommendations of 6th mission of 13-23 November 2016;
- Check development of Quality Manual to be approved by Dr. Erdenebayar, Director of NCTM in May 2017;
- Work to finalize development of Terms of Reference for ISO 9001:2015 accreditation firm;
- Provide recommendations on implementation of QMS in blood banks;
- Conduct 1 day training on ISO 9001:2015 for NTCM key staff based on internal audit tools designed November 2016;
- Assist in completion other deliverables in line output document of CSIH
Expected outputs to be delivered
- Deliverables including Terms of Reference for accreditation firm developed and introduced to PIU and MOH;
- A report with recommendations dor auditing of NCTM in line with ISO 9001-2015 standards;
- Training for NCTM staff on ISO9001:2015 conducted;
- Assistance provided to complete all remaining deliverables.