IQM Consulting is a not for profit organization with core expertise for guidance, advice and quality management development of blood transfusion/transfusion medicine improvement projects in countries with developing economies
IQM Consulting provides its guidance and advice activities according to WHO principles as developed by the WHO Blood Transfusion Safety (BTS) unit of the Department of Essential Health Technologies (EHT) in Geneva.
This includes an extensive and tailor made education – teaching and training – activity, preferably in-country and includes knowledge economy.
IQM Consulting focuses on development of safe, efficacious, accessible, affordable and sustainable blood supply and clinical transfusion structures based on quality management at national and regional level.
IQM Consulting focuses on development, implementation and improvement of Quality and Quality System Management through Quality Management Systems, including e.g., ISO 9001:2015, in Transfusion Medicine;
IQM Consulting provides short term consultations focused on base-line assessment of current situations and advice on directions and projects for improvement and awareness;
IQM Consulting provides medium term consultations focused on support of implementation of principles and structures in order to comply with existing regulations;
IQM Consulting provides long term consultations focused on projects to establish Quality Management and safe and sustainable vein-to-vein blood supply and clinical use systems at national level to guarantee availability
Registered data base of international consultants
A registered data base of international consultants is able to serve in various fields of expertise in the entire ‘vein-to-vein’ Transfusion Medicine chain.
- infrastructure, legal and regulatory aspects
- organization and management (governance, stewardship and leadership)
- quality systems and quality system management
- audit and inspection systems, e.g., ISO 9001:2015 and cGMP
- education (teaching and training) and knowledge economy
- documentation (traceability, document control and archiving)
- community awareness and mobilization (social marketing)
- core processes of transfusion medicine;
- collection (blood and blood components/apheresis),
- processing and testing (QC),
- storage and distribution of blood and blood products (cold chain),
- clinical interface, patient blood management and haemovigilance